11.27.2009

Thanksgiving Extravaganza!



The year is 2009. We have been watching the parade for almost 30 years (we defined as me, BFF, and LML!) Since we were little, we have all said that we should go (again, all three of us!) So, this year we did!

Our day started at 4:30 am, though mine had never ended and let's not ask why! A very cranky me attempts to push LML up out of bed while pup looks on with interest. He knew, of course, that Mommy was going to win this battle. I did. Wake up phone call from BFF, and a few minutes later we were on our way to Astoria, New York.

Note: Have I ever told you about Neptune Diner? This is a diner that holds many memories for us all...especially me and BFF! We've been going there since we were tiny kids, and LML has been a loyal patron for a little over 10 years now. It is voted the best Diner in New York practically every year, and is known for many a dish as well as their hospitality. Love it love it love it!

We stop off there for ammo- we know we have a long trek once we get to Manhattan! After a few cups-o-joe, we are on our way to the Big Apple to await the fun that is our biggest parade of the year! And we were lucky enough to get seats! We waited about 2 and a half hours before the parade actually began, but LML found us the best seats in the house! So we saw all these guys:








and so much more! I won't bore you with the pictures unless it's by request...so leave me a comment and I will post as many as I can in other posts!

What are some fun things that happened to you on Thanksgiving?

Love love love,
MG

No comments:

Post a Comment

heart to hearts...