at some point at the end of this winter was the first time i made cabbage with rice.
this is how it goes:
- i boil the cabbage until it's entirely soft and floppy
- i make the rice and put it to the side.
- then, sautee onions and stewed tomatoes in non-stick pan
- throw in cabbage which has been cut up in thin and bitty slices
- sautee til flavors blend
- add spices and mix
- when you think it's all perfectly married, throw in the rice [carefully]
- mix mix mix
- let sit until it looks pretty and serve when warm
you may sautee some ground beef
as if you were making meat marinara sauce
and throw that in their when you throw the rice in!
at the end,
i like adding hot sauce.
like you have no idea.
the globetrotting gamine