- i get a job as a school counselor at the nydoe and the principal threatens my tenure and job about 10 months after he hired me.
- constant harassment that no one calls him on because everyone was "afraid" of him.
- the reason he wanted me gone? i quote: "you're a good guidance counselor, but i want you gone. if you go now, i'll give you a good recommendation."
- the fact that there was no reason i was fired? oh yeah-
- and the fact that the form i was "discontinued" with clearly stated at the top: NOT FOR GUIDANCE COUNSELORS
- my " hearing " takes place on november 12, 2008 at 65 court street.
- principal does not show
- principal calls in late
- case is NOT thrown out- conspiracy theory? wait- it gets better...
- the superintendent's/principals representative at the hearing states repeatedly for principal to STOP TALKING!!
- don't worry- everything is on tape, recorded.
- i order the tape BEFORE i LEAVE 65 court street.
- Once I receive the results, I can take it to court.
- December January February, etc...go by. No results. NONE.
- over TWO YEARS later, my lawyer FINALLY REACHES them!!
- the case stands.
I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE TAPE!
Really, DOE? You have the children's educations at heart?
Why don't all staff undergo mandated counseling before they are hired- ESPECIALLY PRINCIPALS AND SUPERINTENDENTS?!!
or maybe, you can answer me why i still don't have the tape that i could have proceeded to a court of law with?
maybe you can tell me why i had to get my LAWYER to actually receive the results, 3 years later?
has this happened to anyone else? i'd like to start a club.