2.25.2011

yesterday...



the past two days, after my last post had been trying and mostly horrible (other than endless support from family and friends)...

after finding something in my neck sonogram, i was panicked that there was something horrible wrong with me...the doctors couldn't figure out what it was so i was told to schedule a cat scan.

so i cried...all morning two days ago, all night between LML and puppy squeezes and had barely slept. i was led into the catscan room, with LML waiting in the sub-waiting room early yesterday morning.

i bawled like a baby about the iv drip and what's wrong with my neck?
i bawled some more when the cat-scan doc handed me a tissue.
i got stuck with a saline iv drip and then my cat scan began.

at first, i thought i was getting ready for lift off with that whirring noise from the spinning stuff inside the donut.
hold your breath.
breathe.
hold your breath.
breathe,
said the cat-scan dude.

he finally said, 2 more minutes...
and at that exact moment, i felt my whole body burn up
and then i thought i peed myself-
a side effect that cat scan dude did NOT tell me about.

then he told me he forgot to tell me an absolutely normal, as i was checking my pants.
LML took me shopping and for lunch.
shopped some more, came home...took a shower while he smoked a cigar in the backyard...

right when i step out of the shower, phone call from the doctor.
i have nothing bad!
NOTHING
NOTHING...
i did a dance with puppy...
jumped on LML when he walked through the door...

and i still haven't slept, possibly from joy.

so i wanted to thank everyone, for calling and listening,
and your thoughtful e-mails...
i know i would have made it through anything
because you guys have my back :)

love me,
the globetrotting [sleepy] gamine

No comments:

Post a Comment

heart to hearts...