2.04.2010

I don't do texting.

(repeat picture of my assistant, but notice the phone in the background!)


Yes, I am the only person in the world who cannot stand texting. I love my friends dearly, but I do not love texting.

I do not have the internet on my phone.

In fact, the last 21 days of not using my cell phone were the happiest in my life...since cells came along :)

Why can't you just pick up the phone and call me? Or shoot me an e-mail? Why do I need to have a virtual radar-signal on my ass so that you will be able to contact me about something you want at all times?

Do I bother you if I want something, through a text? Pick up the phone!
Do I send you forwards through e-mails, that you'll think I would WANT one through text messaging? It costs money for people who aren't unlimited, you know!

Blech!

You can keep your high-tech fancy "crackberries". I want a cell phone to have buttons, not a touch screen. I want to have it in case of emergency, if I can't find you or you can't find me.

It used to be so much fun when you couldn't WAIT to get a phone call (in the 80s and 90s) at HOME! It used to bring the family together when you used to vie for phone time (sorry, parents ALWAYS won).

If I had a child who refused to put down their phone, I'd boil it and serve it for dinner. My niece and nephews are inherently lucky that I am only Auntie and not Mommy.

And people wonder why there's a 50% divorce rate. COMMUNICATE the way we USED TO!

Geez. I am filing this post under harassment!

Love,
MG

No comments:

Post a Comment

heart to hearts...