12.17.2009

Weekday Menu 2


Yesterday was another sick day that I took cooking and tea-ing it. There is my wonderful assistant keeping an eye on my holiday Peeps. ( I love peeps!)
If you look really closely, you'll see that the peeps and my assistant are the same color :)

I got the idea from a dear friend of mine to combine cookies and brownies. The results? Stupendous, LML said! Victorious I was as he's NEVER liked my brownies before. He always tells me that I shouldn't be cooking or baking anything, and that I should get used to not doing so. Sometimes, I have no idea what the man would rather have me do if I am not at least preparing treats. I'd feel helpless. In any event, on to the masterpiece! I'll take you through it step by step! (Now that the NKOTB song is playing in my head...)

Step 1:

Stir the brownie mix together well. I used EVOO instead of butter, but whatever you use is fine. (My EVOO comes from a farm I have been to in Greece, so I cannot guarantee your results will be the same as mine were! You can also mix butter and evoo to make it yummy!)

Step 2:

I stirred chocolate chips into the brownie mixture :) It's a little whisper I had in my head to do, and it worked fabulously!

Step 3:

Prepare the cookies! I got these cookies, but if you want to make it from scratch, that would work, too. Sugar cookies are out of the question. Chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies do the trick just fine!

Step 4:

Empty the contents of the brownie mix...

Step 5:

Into a bake pan.

Step 6:

Are you sure you  mixed the cookies well enough? When you KNOW you have, form your cookie balls onto a bakesheet!

Step 7:


Plop said PB cookie balls on top of brownie mix in bake pan. Make sure your oven has been preset to whatever the BROWNIE mix box temperature is. I put mine on 360 and checked on them periodically.

Step 8:
Stick a clean butter knife or fork into the brownie mix. If only a little stuff comes out of the brownie pan, close the oven door, turn off the oven, and leave the brownies in there for another 10 minutes or so.
The end result looks like this:




ENJOY! We did!

Love,
MG

1 comment:

  1. So a yummy way to do that same thing is what my mom used to do!

    She'd layer the cookies in the pan, and then pour the brownie mix on top! It's pretty and good if you're going to slice and serve.

    Not a bad feat for somebody under the weather!
    Imagine if you were 100%!! You're such a Betty Crocker!

    Hope you're feeling better!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

heart to hearts...