9.29.2009

today is my birthday.


Today is my birthday, and I am reflecting on my life. I can't believe that in five years, my life has changed so much. 5 years ago today, I was not yet married, did not know my puppy, did not own a home, had just graduated with my Masters, only ever dreamed of writing a book and was happily responsibility-free.
Sort of.
Fast forward- married, home owner, victim of UNBELIEVABLE workplace harassment, in love with my puppy, even more in love with LML, 7 books written but not published, etc. etc.
I love how my life has changed: I am so blessed of all the places I've seen (Greece, Hawaii, Canada, Florida, Dominican Republic), so blessed that I have a close-knit family, so blessed that I can take my frustrations out on cooking (especially my lemon potatoes) and writing. My life right now is pretty close to the life I'd always imagined myself having when I was a child.
We adopted our puppy. We've planted over 100 trees and various plants and flowers on our property. I've laughed, cried, lost, loved, been happy and been hurt.
I've dreamed of finding an outlet where I can mesh writing, photography, & fashion. And found it. (Thank you, blogging, and all you bloggers out there. Your lives are inspirational) I've dreamed of the life I have and am thankful of the changes in the last 5 years. I can't wait for the next 5 :)

Lemon Potato Recipe:

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
cut potatoes into bite sizes and throw into oven safe bowl with cover.
throw in the juice of 2 lemons...and the lemon pulp, if you like.
add a pinch of salt, oregano, cilantro, and a splash of chicken or beef broth.
pour a cup of almost boiling water on top.
pop in oven for about until potatoes are easy to fork :)
ah. that's good food.

Until next time,
MG

No comments:

Post a Comment

heart to hearts...