3.06.2013

what it's like...

i posted this letter to a hl group...

Dear "HL (hodgkin's lymphoma) Bitch"--
I know you're almost gone, because I feel it and well you should be. I have chemo #8 next tuesday and am so tired in general, but mostly of you. You've taught me the lessons you were supposed to teach me, like I best go to the doctor when i'm sick and also get my yearly checkups--and not to waste a single day-- so thanks. Now go away. Also, thank you for kicking my ass through the winter, because you'd be a bigger bitch if you kicked it near summer. Thank you for showing me who my true friends are, and showing me all sides of family members who have mostly been nothing but supportive and tolerant of my chemo induced mood swings, crying fits and brain farts. Thanks for having me go through the chemo that stopped the itchies, allowed me to breathe normally again, and even improved my energy levels because I didn't know how sick I actually was. Even though you suck for a lot of reasons, like my q-tip shaped head being bald(ish), a bone marrow biopsy WITHOUT meds, biopsies and scans out the wazoo, thanks. Everything happens for a reason, right? Right. So, thanks. Thanks. Now leave. I know you're not coming back because I'm not letting you in. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

heart to hearts...