12.14.2012

holidays without drama? nah

So what are the holidays without a little bit of drama?

Boring, probably. But I never knew I would be the one bringing the drama to the table.

Not the best time to say it, but I guess at this point word has spread and there's no turning back:

Not long after that post and during the tragic Hurricane Sandy, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Basically it was bye, bye plans and hello chemotherapy.

Yes, I'm bald.
Yes, it sucks and I've had a couple of really bad weeks but more really good weeks. So what have I been doing?

Planning my remission party. Planning getaways.
Dealing with it.
Praying.
Decorating for the holidays.
Some more praying.

Oh yeah- going to my book signings.

The good thing is that it's curable. Worst case scenario is that chemo will last about 5 more months.
The worst thing is the wait.
Even worst, waiting for the 5-year mark, i.e. CURED!

So here I am, dealing with it and writing a book about it. Complete with sketches.

Time to look for a publisher.

Please let me live vicariously through you with your happy news and holiday plans :)

love me,
the globetrotting gamine

1 comment:

heart to hearts...