3.03.2010

Weekend Menu

Over the weekend, I hit up the places I always talk about: Harvest Buffet, and CozyMel's.
CozyMel's has delicious food, but my fave on the menu is the tamales. I'm sorry I don't have any photos to show you but they didn't stay on my plate for too long.

Friday night, I threw together LML's favorite chicken and potato recipe. I know he likes it because I get the eyeroll :) We had a bag of chicken breasts in the freezer...we haven't been shopping, shopping (food-wise) in a while...and potatoes are a staple here. I put potatoes in everything.

The recipe for 2 calls for:
2-3 chicken breast fillets
3 large potatoes or 7 small white potatoes, cleaned and squared
salt and pepper to taste
4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
huge splash of lemon juice
garlic, 2 cloves
1 small chopped onion or onion powder
sprinkle of oregano
1/2 cup of hot water (so you can have most of the food submerged)
and...chicken or beef broth

preheat oven to 450*
leave uncovered, pending that you will check on the food every half an hour to stir.
cook for 2 hours, or until chicken is not pink and potatoes are tender.

if you want it lemony, add more lemon.
spicy? add more pepper. or a cajun seasoning.

this is what it looked like when i got my hands on it...



I thawed out two chicken breasts and threw them in the bottom of an oven bakeware platter.
this is the before.
i didn't shoot the after.
i ate it. sorry.

if you try this recipe, let me know how it comes out :)
hope you enjoy,
mg

2 comments:

  1. Thats looks delicious. Thanks for visiting my blog and following - I heart followers :) You will notice I am now a follower of yours too.... I am loving the fact that you are a shrink... that is my second dream career after party planning... taking on any new patients? heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like yummy food. I'll try it one time for sure. =D I am drooling now, lolz. Following you!


    Jules
    Soloden.Com
    The Brown Mestizo

    ReplyDelete

heart to hearts...