12.08.2009

Fire Hydrants for Brains


Some people have the brain capacity of a fire hydrant. This is not a gripe, but mearly an observation. Their assumptions about life, and the life of others, might as well be set in some gold block clearly displayed over their dwellings. I feel bad for people who know these people, and have to hear an earful about how great and wonderful they are.
If we cared, wouldn't we ask? Please don't tell the world if no one has asked you.
I don't know why I'm writing this. Sometimes, I get into one of these moods. My wonderful friends know me well enough to know that this mood happens only when I have yet to finish my first cup of coffee. The Starbucks Barista even knows that :)
These people are like that painful sneeze that gets caught in your nose and causes your eye to drip.
Moving on-
I was too sick to even leave the house for long yesterday- well, I shopped and then I came straight home, but still. I was too weak, and my immune system is kicking my ass and I just can't have that happen right now because there are so many bloggers to contact and read about!
At the end of this month, LML and I will have been married for 5 years. 5! Politically, not in the church. We got married for legalities, and decided on having a church wedding in the fall. Our story is very amusing actually, and it pretty much goes to show that we should have JUST gotten married in City Hall, because the party stuff is really just for show. We really had just wanted to be married, and we had already done that and MORE,so what was the point?
Though- I would have loved to have been a guest at my own wedding :)



I hope this doesn't disgruntle many people- receptions are fun but after so long pondering over these things, you wonder what the point was. It's also sad that that's all some people view you as- your reception. Your wedding. Woopty doo people! Did you ever wonder about the person you were MARRYING? I love the bridezilla shows, where you KNOW these girls are only after quantity and not quality...that marriage is never going to work. Hopefully, it's just a staged act, but still.Try going through hell a couple of times with your life partner and give me a call if you're married after 5 years!



I'm so excited that we hit 5 years :)
He says that he has something planned but he won't tell me until it's set in stone. Hopefully he'll tell me with enough time to sort out nooks and crannies if necessary!

Have a wonderful day, lovely bloggers!
MG

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your five years.

    Personally I'm not interested in getting married. I've got everything I need and am blissfully happy living in sin :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Rachel! If we weren't Greek (i.e. bogged down with crazy rules and 'the old ways') we'd be living in sin, too!

    You go girl <3

    Love,
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the fire hydrants! Haha, ooooo, the moods I get into as well, no wonder I like you!

    Funny that I'm right there with you on the wedding thing as well - my wedding will be private (ie: he and I and the minister!) No reception. We have some legal things to have checked before we can marry, but we have been together for 10-years (basically I will not have my financial data looked over by his crazy x-wife. That is the whole bottom line of why we are not married - but I feel so guilty because of my religious beliefs). hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the fifth anniversary.

    We had a very low-key wedding .... just a civil ceremony, only close family, I was seven months pregnant, we had the reception in a Thai restaurant (yummy) and stayed at a local hotel. We did the "honeymoon" several months earlier in Australia which was fab!

    And I wouldn't have had it any other way!

    Have a great day! Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had such a bad day love.
    I tried calling you to see if you wanted to meet up for coffee or tea.

    Sometimes it's good to have blechy days because it makes the wonderful days that much better.

    I'm with you on the whole pomp and circumstance of wedding nonsense.

    love love love to you!

    ReplyDelete

heart to hearts...