12.23.2009

Ah, the Holidays

I love the Holidays. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing I like better than people getting together for the sole purpose of what the holiday is supposed to entail, no matter what time of the year it is.

But it drives me crazy that Christmas is so commercial, that you see fights break out while driving, and in Target! If someone is going to like you less because you didn't buy them anything, should you be buying them anything at all? I thought not...

The holidays usually mean celebrating and sharing with family and dear ones right? These are the people that you let into the nitty gritty of your life, and who know the most about you. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful family...both mine and LML's, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world...and a handful of friends that I feel are my family. Aren't these the people you tell your deepest, darkest to? Right.

Moving on- and forgive me if I go off-track, for I have not yet finished my cup of coffee (#1)...right now I am the happiest girl in the world! There are many reasons for this that I cannot convey, and wouldn't anyway until they happen. Riddle me this... why is it that when you advertise you're happy on facebook AND your female, someone has to ask you if you're pregnant?!

WTF?

I am not talking about family and dear ones...for they are the ones you call all in a row, no matter WHAT'S going on, good or bad. I'm talking about the people who don't normally give you the time of day. If I was pregnant, won the lotto, purchased acres of land, won something...would I tell you? Do you think, from the depth of your mind if you can reach that far...I would advertise it on facebook? Seriously?

Can you imagine?

How come one can't be happy for the sake of being happy. That's all that everyone wants, right? For themselves, at least- and granted, from these other busy-bodies...they would rather you- what? Advertise on facebook that your miserable? THEN they sympathize?!

Does anyone else have this problem?  Please share and help me save my sanity :)

Love,
MG

2 comments:

  1. As one of the last of my "acquaintances" (as opposed to family and friends) who is neither married nor a mother (both through choice) whenever I say I am happy, or seem happy I am asked if I am engaged or pregnant.

    No disrespect to those who are/want to be engaged or pregnant but really? When will people understand I don't want these things?!!

    I feel your pain :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're wonderful!

    I'm so with you...does it mean I'm unhappy because I'm not pregnant? BLAH!

    Happy Holidays <3

    Love,
    MG

    ReplyDelete

heart to hearts...