9.09.2009

To Organize One's Thoughts

Did any of you ever feel like your mind was a ticker-tape going at full speed? This morning, mine sounded a little something like this:

Iwonderifmygrandmotherisgoingtocomeoutofthehospitaltodayohyeahitsmeandmyhusbandsdating
anniversarybothofmynephewsfirstdayofschoolthankgodideletedthesepeopleoffoffacebookwhatdoi
writeaboutonmyblogwhenistherighttimetogrowgarlicinmybackyard?

Well, you get the picture. Either that, or you think I am insane, because I'm too complicated to understand even myself. I thought that maybe a blog would help me out, but to no avail- YET!

I would love to combine my interests so as to find a career better suited for me. It's just that I have too MANY interests to probably do such a thing. Shopping, Traveling, Wine, Cooking, Gardening, Reading & Writing, Photography. A wonderful friend of mine had said that I should just do one thing at a time- but then I wouldn't feel as whole. The books that I have written would combine a few of those things...I guess.

I'm still waiting to get the copright certificates back so I can start sending out query letters to publishers, and have no idea what I want to do in the meantime because I want to do SO MUCH.

I'll start off the day with watching Practical Magic (as motivation to leave the house), and make black bean hummus and brownies (seperately)

Recipe for Black Bean Hummus:

1 clove garlic
1 (15 ounce) can black beans; drain and reserve liquid
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
10 Kalamata olives, optional


DIRECTIONS
Mince garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Add black beans, 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, tahini, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper; process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add additional seasoning and liquid to taste. Garnish with paprika and Kalamata olives, if you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

heart to hearts...