8.18.2010

Greek Menu, circa 2006

LML and I used to go to Greece every summer. In these past few years, things have come up complicating our schedules...but we still look back to some of our favorite foods- EVER!

 The above photo is what we call a "pikilia". I like to think of it as a little bit of heaven. On the beaches of Kalamata in Greece, when you order an ouzo (an uber-strong licorice flavored liquor) they bring you a tiny- or larger, depending on how you're feeling and what you're willing to spend- platter. What is the platter filled with? Seafood, french fries, pita, vegetables, maybe a meatball and a tiropita (or cheese pie...yum yum). HEAVEN.
Above. Oh, above is a picture of fresh figs. Practically just picked off the tree figs. There are no words.

Our favorite restaurantin Kalamata is called Argo. These are the samplings of what we would eat while we were there. I'm not a big meat-eater, at all, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
Especially when it tastes the way my Grandma's used to!! Love love love!

I'd love you guys to share some menus with me. I will feature them- and you!- if you'd like to e-mail me at whosthatgamine@gmail.com

Happy Dining!

Love me,
the Globetrotting Gamine

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I want to go to Greece some day soon! I think I will love it. I watched a documenatary about it the other day and it looked absolutely wonderful!
    X

    ReplyDelete

heart to hearts...